As Miran Legal, we think that specializing and acquiring meritable information makes a difference in today's world. Hence, we provide services in areas where we have adequate experience and expertise to make a difference.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable real person. In order to be able to talk about personal data, the data must be related to a real person and this person must be identified or identifiable. Processing of personal data refers to all kinds of operations performed on data fully or partially, automatically or non-automatically provided that it is a part of any data recording system, such as acquiring, recording, storing, preserving, changing, rearranging, exposing, transferring, taking over, making it available to obtain, classifying or preventing its use.
With technology and digitalization, the concept of protecting personal data has become very important for institutions, companies and individuals. Both public and private institutions and organizations have been collecting, selling or sharing personal data for a long time in order to introduce a service or product. However, the actions carried out without the consent of the data owner have led to the infringement of some legal rights of the data owner.
To that end, the text of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK) on the purpose of Protection of Personal Data was adopted by the Plenary Committee of the Turkish Grand National Assembly on 24/03/2016 and came into force after being published in the Official Gazette which was dated 07/04/2016 and numbered 29677. KVKK is formed as an institution in order to operate and maintain the mandatory processes that come with the law in question. Having that said, VERBIS (Data Supervisors Registry), which is the registration system where data supervisors have to register and indicate information about data processing transactions, and the methods and principles regarding the registry have also occurred within the scope of the institution.
As Miran Legal, within the framework of the law and personal data protection legislation, we closely follow current developments in order to ensure that our clients' compliance processes with the Law are whole and complete and that personal data processing processes are carried out in accordance with the law.
Following are the major services we provide within this framework;
- Carrying out and follow-up of registration to VERBIS,
- Identification of the liabilities of the client companies,
- Establishing the necessary company policies according to these liabilities,
- Ensuring cooperation with IT departments to establish the required data entry system,
- Preparation and revision of contracts within the context of KVKK,
- Providing intracompany trainings in the process of orientation with KVKK and legislation in client companies,
- Taking legal measurements in regards to data security and information systems,
- Initiation of processes regarding cyber crimes, representation of clients.